The saying “You never get a second chance to make a first impression” is so true. It’s true when it comes to everything, including your home. So, remember when you decide to sell your home, you only have one shot to impress the potential buyers.
Your Home Should Leave a Lasting Impression
It’s always a good idea to leave a lasting impression of your home, but it’s essential that you do so when your home is for sale. Play up the curb appeal of your home with a few easy tricks of the trade.
Tips to Enhance Your Home's Curb Appeal
- Power wash the exterior of your home, and remove any cracked or peeling paint
- Clean windows inside and outside
- Fix or replace loose roof shingles
- Clean out gutters and replace them if they are bent or look old
- In the Fall, rake up leaves and tidy up flower beds and gardens
- Mow your lawn regularly, and make sure sidewalks and walkways are edged neatly
- Remove weeds, dandelions and grass growing up through the driveway or sidewalks
- Trim trees if they are growing wildly, and or over your roof
- Roll up your garden hose neatly
- Trim back your bushes. Remove them altogether if they are dying
- Install a motion detector light in front of your house for prospective buyers that come by in the evening
- Install low-wattage ground lights along the front walkway
- Plant eye-catching bright-colored flowers and keep them watered and looking fresh.
- Give your front door a fresh coat of paint or replace it if needed
- Paint or stain your wood fences and repair any broken fencing
Don't Forget the Sides and Back of Your House
- Power wash your deck or patio and sand and stain if necessary
- Secure any loose railings and boards on your deck
- Trim bushes and vegetation throughout your backyard area
- Set up attractive, comfortable-looking sitting areas in the back yard
Remember you can stage the outside of the house as well as staging the inside!!